Under the direction of the RN Administrative Manager(s), and Provider(s), the MA/LPN performs a variety of tasks at Javery Pain Institute.
- Assists physicians with patient care and follow up, providing direct and indirect patient care in a clinical setting
- Duties may include, but not limited to: interviewing patients, obtaining vital signs, preparing patients and assisting physicians with patient exams/procedures, and/or treatment.
- Responsibilities include: charting and clerical work as necessary to oversee phone prescriptions and refills to pharmacies
- Perform triage with patient phone calls to identify emergent and non-emergent situations.
The MA/LPN must work collaboratively with the administrative support staff/radiology staff in support of direct patient service, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Patient services are a key priority in the position requiring the MA/LPN to serve as a point of contact with internal and external departments, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the core goals and mission of the company, always exercising utmost discretion, diplomacy and tact in patient staff interaction.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentially under HIPAA
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact; excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills; cultural sensitivity and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Intermediate to advanced phone skills; able to effectively relate via telephone and in person to serve the needs of the clinics patients/clients/visitor in a manner that is efficient and productive
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- BLS/CPR/ACLS certified and licensed in the state of Michigan.
Our practice takes aim at building teamwork and mutual respect within our organization. We are committed to our tradition of caring for our patients and improving the quality of life for those suffering from chronic pain. The position is fully benefitted, offering: a competitive salary; Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, STD, LTD, Life and AD&D Insurance, 401K, Pension and a YMCA Membership. Regular office hours, Monday – Friday.
Job Types: Full-time